Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Wow!!! Words cannot describe how much I loved this book. After seeing so much hype about Shadow and Bone, I finally got my hands on a copy and it just blew me away. Leigh Bardugo! You are AWESOME! =) I was sucked into this story from the beginning to the very end, gripping the covers of the book in anticipation, wondering what would happen next. The Grisha world, and characters were beautifully written with such creativity and imagination. I really like how descriptive Bardugo was when describing the land of Ravka, the Vy, and the Fold. The Fold straight up sounds creepy and scary ass hell!
I love the three main characters in this book, Alina, Mal, and the Darkling. Alina is the type of heroine who never backs down. That is something I admire about her. Her character grows throughout the book and even though shes strong-willed, you get to see the softer and vulnerable side to her as well.
Mal, in the beginning I didn't really like him. But as the story progressed, my heart soften for him. He's the best friend anyone would want. He is a strong, brave, and extremely loyal person to those he care about. He never gave up on Alina even when he was pissed off at her. There is definitely more to him and meets the eye.
The Darkling, gosh, I can go on and on about him. I LOVE him!!!! He is charming, sexy, mysterious, strong, scary...etc... His character is so well written and I couldn't believe what happened in the story!!! Seriously! I rooted for him since the beginning of the book and even after finding out that he was the villain and just wanted to use Alina and her powers, I still couldn't help but continue to root for him. The more he was turning into the villain, the more excuses I would try to come up with for his behavior. I really do believe he still has true feelings for Alina. I hope that in the next book we can see more of the Darkling and hopefully *cross fingers* he will redeem himself in Alina's eyes.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account