Review Detail

5.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 307
Seize Today kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Seize Today is the thrilling conclusion to a fantastic dystopian series. I’ve been a huge fan of this series since the beginning, Pintip writes such compelling characters that you can’t help but love them and want to follow them everywhere. I was dubious when I found out that each book would feature a different character, to me Callie and Logan were perfect characters but I worried for nothing. Remember Yesterday featured Jessa and Tanner who are by far my favourites characters of the whole series. Pintip has made sure to grab readers from the first page and from there the rest is history.

Seize Today is about Olivia, Chairwoman Dresden’s daughter and she is the world’s one true precognitive; meaning she can look into the future and see all the possible outcomes that can come with just one simple action. Due to her ability, Olivia has isolated herself for ten years until she joins Jessa in her plan to save the future and meets Ryder, the boy who in every future, kills her.

Olivia was such an adorable character, she’s so broken and vulnerable that you can’t help but be immediately protective of her. Ryder is Jessa’s best friend and Mikey’s adopted son, he's a very private character and distrustful of almost everyone outside of his close friends and family. Ryder has a harrowing back-story that broke my heart but what I loved most about him was his interactions with Olivia. Olivia is a broken bird but he never treated her as such, he knew she had the capabilities to be strong and fearless. Their relationship is such a slow burn as each character slowly begins to trust each other.

The Forget Tomorrow series has been fast paced and action packed since the very beginning but all of this comes to a head in Seize Today. Pintip has clearly known where she wanted this series to go from the the very beginning, decisions made in book one cleverly become clear in Seize Today, so many plot twists, so many answers to questions I had forgotten and so many moments that had me on the edge of my seat. Fans of the series will thoroughly enjoy this conclusion and I can’t wait to see what Pintip comes up with next!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account