Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book is exactly what it implies, a summer read, and it is a perfect one to read in the summer. I enjoyed this book in more ways than one. I loved the reading style, Matson can tell a great story in a way that makes you want to keep reading, not only to find out what happens next, but to keep reading her writing about it. I was a little hesitant about the story at first and I had seen mixed reviews on this book, but I am so glad I read this one. The story was contemporary and enjoyable.
I thought the characters in the story were enjoyable to follow, and felt engrossed into their lives. The love story and friendship in the story is sweet and caring that will leave you with a smile on your face. The family is loyal, strong and heartbreakingly wonderful that will leave you with a tear in your eye.
Overall I would recommend Second Chance Summer as a great summer read. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I look forward to reading more of Matson's work. I've heard many great things about her book, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, which I have on my shelf and I cannot wait to read! I hope that I enjoy that one as much as I enjoyed Second Chance Summer. I hope you guys enjoy this one, too!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account