N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by The Fable Fairy

When I began reading The Luxe, which is the first novel of this series, I was very disappointed. The story was not engaging me whatsoever. I am not a fan of the Gossip Girl-esque type novel and knew that The Luxe did read along those lines. In fact, Erin from my local bookstore did tell me it was similar to Gossip Girl except dated 100 years prior. Since their historical fiction selection was limited I picked it up regardless for my challenge. Numerous times I wanted to toss The Luxe aside but decided against it and I am happy I did since I became completely enthralled in the story about 100 pages in.

After I picked up Rumors, the second installment in The Luxe series, I thought to myself ... OH NO! NOT AGAIN! The same boredom I felt when I first opened The Luxe began creeping up on me. However, learning from past experiences I decided to continue to read. Lo and behold the story took an exciting turn about 100 pages in and I could not put it down. 

Rumors is a mash of five separate stories told simultaneously that contribute to the overall plot. Oh and what a plot it is! Each characters story blends into one another to create an intricate web that tells a tale of longing, lust, hopefulness, frustration, disappointment, mystery, heartbreak, charm, and romance. 

My favorite character for this novel would have to be Lina, or Carolina as she likes to be called now. Carolina goes through the most development in my eyes as she experiences the highs and lows of high society. In most of the situations that were thrown Carolina's way I never knew how she would react which in turn made her story the most interesting of all. I am waiting with anticipation to see what happens to her next. While I am hoping for the best, I highly doubt that will be the case. 

And what was with that ending? My mind is still reeling. One thing is for certain, Envy is bound to be twice as eventful as Rumors. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account