N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Nicole L.

This is the kind of book I can get into: scandals, lies, dresses, and rumors!!!
Diana Holland, sister to the supposedly dead society star Elizabeth Holland (now happy in California with her lover Will), is in love with Elizabeth's fiance before she died, Henry Schoonmaker. Henry is in mourning for Elizabeth, so he can't court Diana just yet.  But there is more behind the scenes: evil Penelope Hayes is also wanting Henry, and will do ANYTHING (really, anything) to have him marry her.  She also has jealous ex-servant to the Hollands, society girl wannabe Lina Broad sitting in her pocket. Lina proves to be a valuable source for the precious gossip Penelope needs to accomplish her goals.

This book may be light and fluffy in subject matter, but it is too much fun!  I had to put the book down a couple of times to yell at it, because it turned out so completely wrong!  Now I feel the urge to run over to my library and get the sequel, Envy, before I go insane.  It interesting enough for adults to read, but it is still great for teenagers. Some of the concepts are a bit mature, but it is not graphic or smutty at all so a girl as young a 14 could read it and not be fazed.  All in all, a decently clean read because the sex/gore in it is quite vague.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account