Read if you're in the mood for something: dark, mysterious, tense, &emotional
Pacing? fast-paced
Plot- or character-driven? A mix
Strong character development? It's complicated
Loveable characters? It's complicated
A diverse cast of characters? It's complicated
Flaws of characters a main focus? It's complicated
Book Rating 4.0 stars
   Evan's now mostly accepted into the Royal family, but someone does not want her there and is willing to kill to get their way.
    I enjoyed this book, but the cliffhanger at the end was brutal! The book just ended with no warning! I hate it when authors do that.
    I love Evan and most of her family, but some characters were extremely hard to empathize with. Some of the twists were predictable. I do love that there is a compassionate approach to Evan's mom's mental illness as well as Evan's mental health struggles.

Narrator Rating: 4.5 stars
  The narrator did an excellent job. Good tonal shifts for people's voices. But not as good with the emotions as I would like.

Content Warnings
Graphic: Panic attacks/disorders, Medical content, Hate crime, Blood, Gaslighting, Mental illness, and Bullying

Moderate: Toxic relationship, Xenophobia, Injury/Injury detail, Gun violence, Violence, Sexism, Schizophrenia/Psychosis, Fire/Fire injury, Infidelity, Lesbophobia, and Stalking

Minor: Gore, Fatphobia, Classism, Sexual violence, Sexual assault, Racism, Misogyny, and Body shaming
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account