N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Ashley Gwinner

After we reread the book Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, I was impatient to watch the movie, since the book was outstanding. I think the movie could have had more important events and better description of the characters. The movie also didnt show the biggest theme, and cut out the important lines.
I think that the movie could have included more important events, and better description of the characters. When Cassie and Lillian Jean got in to a fight. Also in the beginning when mama got fired from being a teacher because she pasted paper inside the books. Cassie wasnt narrating that much in the movie but in the book.
The movie didnt show the biggest theme and cut out important lines. The movie cut out the poem Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry. Roll of Thunder means loud. Hear My Cry means to be heard. Which all together we should be equal. The movie didnt have important lines. For example when mama said, we going to pay for that one day.She said that when they passed over the bridge and Mr. Wallace let them over.
I thought that there were a lot of weak spots; therefore I would prefer the book.It gives the reader more details than the movie. It will help you understand the characters more if you read the book than just to the movie right away.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 89 42

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account