N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Emily

I felt like I didnt know the characters in the movie as well as I did in the book. Some of the main characters seemed like secondary characters. Christopher-John and Little Man were not big characters in the movie. The movie never had any of the talks Papa had with Stacey or Cassie. Those were important talks that defined the characters in the book. The night men never dressed up so viewers just thought they were an angry mob. The movie did not tell us important information from the book.

Also, the movie skipped around a lot. There were parts in the movie where I didnt even know what scene it was. They even skipped the important parts where they showed the theme. So what was the point? So, the movie was not organized, and didnt have a theme. It barely even showed the big climax. The movie was just a bunch of scenes from the book, all mixed up. Although some of the scenes were exciting, those scenes didnt show the importance of the scene. It was almost like the director didnt get the book. The movie was not showing the importance of the movie, and even if it did, it wouldnt show it clearly.

If you are thinking about reading the book or watching the movie, in my opinion, I would just read the book. The movie isnt worth your time. But the book, that is a whole other story. The book was great. I think you should read it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account