N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Paige - Liberty Twp, OH

I read the novel Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry with my class, then my teacher told the class we were going to watch the movie and I was so excited, until it happened. The movie wasnt the best thing ever, and it was very confusing because it switched from part to part and didnt go in order.

The movie didnt include all of the rising action and falling action. It totally skipped the exposition and went right to the rising action, in the book, near the climax. In addition, it did not show one of the best parts in the book where Cassie tricks Lillian Jean. I cant tell you all of the parts in the book, that werent shown on the movie, or that would ruin it for you.

In the movie, the poem wasnt shown and that was one of the most important parts. The poem was the introduction to the climax in the book. If the introduction to something isnt shown, that doesnt make it very important. In addition, my overall thoughts of the book to the movie are all the same; book is so much better then the movie.

I think that the people who made the movie should remake it because it needs to include some parts that where missing before. The book is very descriptive and enchanting with all of its rising action and falling action. I really think that you should read the book and skip the movie but, if you want to watch the movie, you can.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account