Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Every time I pick up one of Elizabeth Eulberg's books I don't think it can be better than her last one. She continues to prove me wrong. Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality blew me away.

I honestly don't even know where to start with this book. I finished this book a couple of weeks ago and I've struggled to write a review because I can't put it all into words. This is one of those books that I want to hug and not share with anyone unless they promise to love it but I also want to stand in the YA section and hand it to everyone that walks passed. In an attempt to not ramble/gush too much I'm just going to make a list of what I loved about this book.

~Lexi. I couldn't believe how much I connected with her. One of my favorite things about reading is finding characters like Lexi. It's a beautiful moment in a book when you meet a character and say "Oh, I know you."
~Lexi's friends (the real ones) made me smile and remind me of the wonderful people I have in my life as a support system.
~Elizabeth's ability to recreate that awkward high school experience amazes me. She does it time and time again in her books. The angst, the social pressure, the drama, the fun- it's all there in this book and it makes me very glad that I can relive those days from afar. (Those weren't my best years- awkward was an understatement for me.)
~This book deals with some really tough issues. Issues that made me cry. What I love about Elizabeth's writing is that she isn't afraid to tackle these issues and that she tackles them with humor. I think I love this because that's how I deal with most things in my life. To quote another writer I admire- “Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.” Joss Whedon. Elizabeth does this exact thing and it makes for brilliant story telling.
~The humor- I know I mentioned this in the last comment but aside from the humor in the serious situations there is a lot of funny that happens day to day. Any book that deals with child beauty pageants is bound to be humorous- RGGP does not disappoint in the laugh out loud moments.

Ok, I'm going to stop there because if I don't this review is going to be out of control. Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality is a book that I wish I had read in high school. The message in this book is one that every single person needs. The day that we realize that a great personality is the most important thing is the day we become free. The earlier in life we understand that concept the luckier we are. Go buy this book today!! You won't regret it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account