N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amanda B.

Personally I did not like this book. The topic it is on bothers me, seeing as I do not like discussing or reading about suicide. I really hated this book and though it was stupid on many levels. The only part I remotely liked was the poem Trav writes for Kate. Though everything else to me was pointless, and I saw no point in reading this book. It was awfully annoying and I hated it very very much! Here is the one, I repeat ONE part I liked:
The days of winter enter in,
The darkness nibbles at the days,
The heavy clouds pull down the sky,
The first deep snowfall stays, and grays.

Too long to wait for springtime now,
Here in this cold and darkening room,
Only time for remembering
The pear trees are in bloom.

Besides that I thought that it was very stupid and annoying. I did not like it because it talked about suicide and I thought it was pointless. I also thought it was stupid how Trav and Buck sort of had a secret fight over Kate. A basic summary of this story is that Buck and Kate meet in the orchard. Then after they started school they met Trav. Then a few years later Trav kills himself. The only interesting part of him commit suicide was he did it in his and Kates clearing in the orchard. I thought this book would have been better but it really is not. I would NOT recommend Remembering the Good Times to anybody I know. All-in-all I hated this stupid pointless book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account