N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Alyssa K.

The book Remembering the Good Times is a book talking about teenage suicide and other sad tragedies teenagers go through. I think this book was ok, but I dont think I would recommend it to kids 5th grade or younger. One reason is because they are not yet teenager. Little kids dont need to know about suicide. Some kids go through it with their families though. This story is about three teenagers named Buck, Kate, and Trav. At a point in the story they all meet and eventually meet Skeeter. At school one day Skeeter molests Ms. Slater. Kate, at the dance they had at school she called Mr. Slater and he came and beat up Skeeter. He never went to that school again. Before any of that happened, Buck joined the football team. So one day Kate and Trav came and found him playing. Kate yelled and screamed at him, telling him that he didnt even like football anyway. Buck finally said that he would quit. While he was on the team he met a cheerleader named Rusty. She was from California. Later in the story Trav goes through major tragedies and happens to commit suicide. Everybody then becomes sad and miserable, wanting to become Travs best friend. Kate and Buck both were thinking how it would be like without Trav there to play cards with them and Polly. When they have the funeral for Trav at school, a lot of parents and students attend for a little gathering. When that was over Kate and Buck went over to Pollys. They all talked about how much they are going to miss Trav. Then suddenly remember all the good times. All of a sudden they start talking about Polly Prior. Kate says, She may be the third oldest in Slocom Township, but when it comes to meanness shes number one.
Overall I like this book. One thing I didnt like about the book is that it is a sad book, and Im not a big fan of sad books. That is what I thought of the book.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account