Review Detail

2.5 107
Young Adult Fiction 946
What did I think of Remembering the Good Times? Here it is..
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jenna P

The book Remembering the Good Times was not what I was expecting it to be. I thought that the author was going to have Trav die in the beginning of the book and tell how Buck and Kate dealt with it. It was quite the opposite, the author, Richard Peck, wrote about all of the events and clues leading up to Travs suicide. Also, Buck and Kate seemed to deal with it all very well, Travs death I mean. I knew that Buck would not show much emotion because he is a guy and guys never like to show emotion, at least not in public. Kate was a total surprise, normally girls more emotion than guys but in this case Kate showed as much, or less emotion as Buck. She just closed herself up in a little shell and held it all in I also thought that Richard Peck should have included Rusty in the story more because she fit in pretty well in the group at least that is what I thought. Plus, if the author had done that then Buck would not have been so and left out when Kate and Trav were together. I also think that Richard Peck could have come up with a more creative way for Trav to commit suicide, call me cynical but everyone knows how to hang themselves. If Trav was such a genius why didnt he come up with a totally unique way of killing himself? Over all, I thought that Remembering the Good Times was a pretty decent book, but I wouldnt recommend it to a friend.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account