N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Taylor R.

We read the book Remembering the Good Times, by Richard Peck. I thought it would be a sad, boring book with kids that dont have any control over their lives; so I was debating to read it. The book started off ok it was sort of cute how Buck and Kate met but them both coming from completely different lives. I couldnt imagine them being friends for long. Later they started school and they meet up again. This time they meet a guy named Trav(is) Kirby. He was completely different than both of Buck and Kate.
Now they were all tight. I still couldnt believe that they all could be friends. Buck comes from a divorced family and lives with his dad in a tiny trailer house. Kate, who lives in a nice medium size house with her mom and her great aunt, Polly. Polly was the third oldest woman in Solcum Township. Kates mom is one who is never home and she has boyfriends galore! And Trav was part of one of the richest families in Solcum Township.
Anyways, they have many fun events in their lives and then Trav is one of those over achievers. Soon the thing that was hard for me was when Trav committed suicide. I had no clue that he would be the one. He had a great life a head of him. This was very hard for Buck and Kate. I have gone through something like that when I was in fourth grade. It is very difficult but Buck and Kate took the event very well until the end, they really didnt know what to feel.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account