N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Megan R

In the book Remembering the Good Times, Buck, Kate, and Trav are the main characters. They like to spend time together at Kates house and play cards with Polly, Kates great grandma. Then Trav starts acting kind of funny. He starts shoplifting and getting struggled that his classes arent challenging enough. One day Trav bring gifts to Kate, Buck, and Polly, goodbye gifts, they just dont know it. Then a few days later, workers who bought the orchard from Polly find him in a clearing of the orchard, dead. Trav had hung himself. He had gotten a little overwhelmed and thought it was necessary to kill himself. And thats mainly how the book turns out. Trav upsets everyone about killing himself, especially the people at school, they cant stop talking about him. They all feel really bad for his parents too.
Ill be completely honest, this book was boring. Im glad were done reading it, so I will actually have time to read my book. This book was boring because, well other than a few different things happening here and there, it was practically the same thing throughout the entire book. Playing cards at Kates house, school registration, I mean come on, I think we got it the first time! And whenever there is an exciting part, it cuts off! It doesnt even explain further on the topic, it just leaves us hanging! You never really find out what happens to Skeeter after Mr. Slater beats him up, you know he leaves, and that hes back at school later, but did he get hurt? Did he tell someone? Did he threaten anybody about it? What happened? We dont know! Another one, we never really find out who destroyed Ms. Slaters car, or what they do about it, they infer it, but we never really know what exactly happened. I honestly think we could have had a better book. I would recommend it to older people who have a lot of free time, or people who like reading about suicide.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account