Young Adult Fiction 459
Reign Returned Review
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Soul mates throughout time? Animal sidekicks? Necromancy? COUNT ME IN! This book has so much that I thoroughly enjoy in a fantasy and it all works. The beginning sets the tone of what is to come and the whole time I was waiting for it. I loved the magic in this world but also how they are separated. For some reason, Necromancy always interests me in books and how each author approaches the subject. In this book, they are Recovrancers and I loved it. I thought it was so well done. This isn’t just some magic but a whole other world that they get drawn into. The history that slips through the pages was so well done also. The beginning does take a little bit to get off, but once it gets going – good luck putting this book down!

I adored Sebastian and Kyra. I thought they were really well done and so glad we got both points of view. This was definitely needed in a book like this. Not only Sebastian and Kyra but their Cyphers, Batty and Auerlius. And I’m a sucker when it comes to books that you communicate to an animal that is pretty much your soul. I think because I always wished I could talk to my animals so I’m always jealous when it happens in books. But beyond that, the relationship between Sebastian and Kyra is amazing. From their first encounter to the end of the book… I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Overall, Reign Returned by Katie Keridan was a good book! While the beginning was a little slower for me to get into, I flew through it once the main story happened. I really enjoyed all the aspects of this world. Necromancy always interests me when presented in books and Keridan did exceptionally well making it unique in this book. I really enjoyed both Sebastian and Kyra (and of course Batty and Auerlius) and cannot wait to continue their adventure. I highly recommend this book for those who enjoy magic, animal sidekicks, and soulmates throughout time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account