Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to say that I think this will be a must read for everyone although I think that those of us that were teenagers in the ’80’s will appreciate it most.
Good Points
‘Ready Player One’ is a dystopian novel. In 2044, most people on earth spend a majority of their time inside the Oasis virtual world. James Halliday, the developer of Oasis, dies and leaves his vast fortune to whomever figures out his labyrinth of Oasis riddles and quests. Since Halliday was a teenager in the ’80’s ,much of the clues revolve around knowledge of this time period. From there ‘Willie Wonka’ type madness ensues.
I have heard a lot about ‘Ready Player One’ and how much everyone loved it. Since I am not a dystopian lover,I didn’t have any plans to read it, when I first heard about it. Then I found out that it was filled with 1980’s nostalgia. Since I have a lot of love for the ’80’s, I decided to give it a try.
Of course I loved all the ’80’s references throughout the book. It brought back lots of great memories.I think the reason there is so much nostalgia about the ’80’s, is that, so much has changed between now and then. I also especially enjoyed the parts which took place in ‘real life’, outside the Oasis world. This was more interesting to me as I am not a big gaming person.
I did love the characters, especially Wade/Parzival and Aech. They were well-developed and very interesting . The plot was fascinating and complex. The story did lag a bit in the middle for me but in general kept me interested.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account