Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What a read! I have been waiting a long time for this third book.As with the previous novels, Ally Condie's writing is fluid and poetic. We learn more about Xander as a narrator while continuing with the multiple narrations from Cassia and Ky. All three narrations are strong and plot never misses a beat. It is a rare book that can take multiple points of view and make it work, without it getting cumbersome or confusing. With Reached- the multiple narrations are put together seamlessly adding to the story without slowing down the pace of the plot.

In this last book, the citizen in the Society are changing and changing fast. But with a plague becoming an epidemic and concerns about the cure, things are getting very difficult for everyone, including Cassia, Ky and Xander.
I love how Reached brings something different to the genre. Just like Matched and Crossed, the plots are not violent like in some dystopian novels, and on the surface the Society doesn't seem so terrible- The citizens are taken care of and seem happy. What makes the Matched trilogy so different is the fact that are so many things going horribly wrong beneath the surface, things the citizens have even forgotten.

I felt that this installment was more focused on the characters themselves and their development and growth than in all the events in the story. Although this can be a disappointment to some, in the end it worked out perfectly. Reached is an outstanding conclusion that will captivate readers until the very last page. Ally Condie's writing is evocative and engaging. Definitely a series I would recommend to dystopian fans.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account