Review Detail

4.2 2
Young Adult Fiction 245
not exactly what I was expecting, but it was a quality enough book.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I liked Kira, she is definitely a confidant and capable main character. I like it when a lady knows what she wants, knows how to take care of herself, and kicks ass.
What I didn't like about Prophecy was that I was thrown in with a bunch of unfamiliar terminology and places, and politics are not my thing, and it seemed that it took more of a center stage than I expected. I think that is my fault though, because while I like some fantasy, it has to be pulled off a certain way, and it is not flaw to the book when I can't get fully immersed.
There are plenty of action scenes and I also liked the build up with her protecting the prince as well as her sarcastic interactions with Shin. That is what made the beginning, and all of the politics okay for me. I think another thing that kept me from fully diving is is how Kira guarded her heart and that there wasn't any romance. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that a book has to have romance, or that a girl/woman should think that they need a man to be complete, BUT that is just my reading preferences.
Bottom Line: I read for Kira and those scenes. In the end, I think that this was just not exactly what I was expecting, but it was a quality enough book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
March 16, 2013
Maybe I'll pass on this one since politics really aren't my thing either. Thanks for the helpful review :]
1 results - showing 1 - 1