Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After reading "Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard, I was shocked. I had to admit that I had my doubts about this book. It just seemed like a book about 4 rich and preppy girls trying to hide a secret. But, there's so much more than that to the story. I could relate to the story so much with the main characters' problems. I was left feeling satisfied, yet unsatisfied. It was like the book had ended, but it was just the beginning to a whole new story. I loved this spooky, and mysterious theme. I really loved how I didn't foresee anything coming. The author really keeps everything hidden and doesn't say anything cliche. I would, no doubt about it, recommend this book to anyone who really wants to read something that leads them on and really makes you guess and keep guessing.

"Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard, revolves around 4 girls, Aria Montgomery, Spencer Hastings, Emily Fields, and Hanna Marin and the aftermath of their ex-leader, Alison DiLaurentis. After she disappears, in 7th grade, the 4 girls begin to slowly drift apart and Aria goes abroad for the next 3 years. After 3 years had passed, Aria returns and the girls have completely drifted while changing. Aria changes from being the awkward Aria, to a gorgeous and artistic girl. Spencer is still the same competitive girl she was before and will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Emily Fields discovers a fervent passion for girls instead of guys and tries to find where she stands at this point. While Hanna Marin goes from the dork in school to queen bee. Each of these girls has a secret that they want kept and they start receiving text messages, emails, IMs, and other weird forms of communication from a person named A. Each message shows the girls that this person knows their deepest and darkest secrets and the girls are already worried that one person knows their secrets. Throughout the book, this theme of consequences and lying really play a big role in this book. Each person has done things that they don't want to confess about and this ultimately results in problems for them.

This book really kept me intrigued throughout the story. I didn't want to put the book down. The characters didn't just go through "rich girl problems" and they didn't have a perfect life. Some of the problems were really easy to relate to. The real story behind all of this is the fact that there's a message trying to come through. It was the message of not lying and just showing readers that the truth does come out whether you like it or not. I also loved how the tension and mysteriousness with the whole plot and who A is. It really blew my stereotypes away and I'd recommend this book to anyone 13 years or older.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account