N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked:
Josin L. McQuein has solidified herself as a fresh voice in YA. I read and loved ARCLIGHT for its unique world and heart-pounding action. PREMEDITATED has a very different feel, but the same strong characterization and fast pace that I've come to associate with this author remains.

Dinah, the narrator, has an impressive arc in this novel. The reader begins with only the knowledge that Dinah is out for revenge and will do anything to make the guy who hurt her cousin pay. But as the story progresses, you get to see a softer side to Dinah. She's fiercely loyal, loves with her whole heart, and is still trying to figure out who she is.

The relationships were my favorite part of the story. The author skillfully weaves a picture of just how close Dinah and Claire are through memories. It's easy to understand why Dinah would go to such lengths to avenge Claire. Their friendship is simple and natural. Dinah's relationship with the rest of her family is more complicated (when is it not?) and her relationship with Brooks is even more twisted.

What Left Me Wanting More:
I did guess the twist fairly early on, so I wish there had been a bit more suspense. Curiosity kept me flipping the pages, though. Dinah doesn't go into this with a clear plan of how to get revenge on Brooks, so I really wanted to see how it would all play out.

The Final Verdict:
Though predictable, the strong writing and interesting character dynamics make PREMEDITATED a good novel for fans of thrillers and revenge.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account