Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I loved: The paranormal element to this story is refreshing and unique and I loved it! The idea that we could have a chance to see two different outcomes before making a choice is something I think most people would like, but as Addie finds out, it doesn't guarantee happiness. The fact that other people's choices could still play a major role in either outcome also has to be taken into consideration.

The witty banter between these characters is entertaining and the romance is the perfect balance of swoon and heartbreak. My favorite character was Trevor! *holds up foam finger while chanting his name* He's funny, sweet and all kinds of cute. He genuinely cares about people and makes the best of any situation and I'm really looking forward to what happens next!

What left me wanting: This is a singular POV that switches back and forth between a dual timeline. You're never quite sure what's real and what's a product of Addie's ability. This is highly entertaining but can be a bit confusing if you aren't playing close attention. At one point, I was completely lost and frustrated and even considered putting it down. However, thanks to the advice of Jodi Meadows, author of Incarnate and Asunder, I kept going and was so glad for it! That is, until the end, which blew my cupcake loving mind! O.O

I don't suggest trying to finish this late at night because if you do, you will most likely spend the next hour staring off into space wondering, HOW CAN YOU GIVE ME AN ENDING LIKE THAT KASIE WEST?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! This reaction, while entirely "normal" (wink wink), is not fun at 1:00a.m. when you're supposed to be sleeping.

Final verdict: Mind blowing debut!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
March 15, 2013
Hah, I was determined to finish one night so I ended up lying in bed sometime around 4 o'clock in the morning (I know, I know) being going over and over the ending. I was hoping for some closure in finishing, but that's not what I got which isn't so good when you definitely should be sleeping :P
1 results - showing 1 - 1