N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Vanessa

Summary: Kate Brown's life is spiraling out of control. First, her dad quit his job to sell Perfect You vitamins and now she has to work at the mall. Her best friend Anna, became popular and now acts like Kate doesn't exist to hang out with her new friends. Kate's brother is 23 and his job is crashing the couch. And, even though Kate will not admit it, she can't stop thinking about Will. Will, who is so cute, but also has hooked up with almost everyone in their school. Kate thinks Will is just messing with her mind. Kate's life is nothing like it was the year before and she wishes she could go back in time to when everything was alright. However, she can't. Kate keeps expecting the worse out of life, and guess what? That's what she's getting... unless she changes it.
My Review (spoiler-free): Heartwarming, lamentable, and a good read. The beginning was amazing. The ending was amazing... like utterly amazing. Part of the middle wasn't 100% amazing. This book is about friendships: I felt really sad every time Kate tried to talk to Anna and she'd notice that Anna was trying not to be seen with her. It must hurt very much to be losing a friend, especially a best friend that you've been talking to since grade school. This book is about love: I loved Will and Kate's way of flirting... Kate tries to act like she doesn't care when in her mind she's dying to kiss him. I wish they got more scenes together in the book, though. This book is about families too: Kate's mom and dad really made everything so much more unbelievable and dramatic in Kate's life (wow, Kate's dad is embarrassing). I loved Todd's character, he's so lazy and laid-back but has good advice. Grandma seems like the most immature of all the characters but still I think she holds the fort down. I do recommend this book, despite this, I still liked Bloom better.
My Thoughts (read this if you've read the book, it contains spoilers): I can't believe parts of this book. First, I was so mad at Anna most of the book. How does she like being popular when Sam is cheating on her and Diane and Tara are annoying? It made me think how great it is to not be popular. Kate is really strong. She went through a lot in the book. The ending... wow I felt aghast. I can't believe Kate's mom and dad separated, it was just such a shocker and made this book much less light. I really liked her dad in the beginning, but he did choose Perfect You over them... what's up with that? The only thing that came out of good in this book is Will and Kate. I loved their chemistry and how Will was going through some of the same things Kate was. I wish there could've been more of them in the book. They got 20,000 make-out sessions and only one real talk. I thought it would've been a more love-book, instead of a family and friend-drama + the boy stuff. But it was still a good read. Can't wait to read Stealing Heaven!

Reposted at whatvanessareads.wordpress.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account