Reader reviewed by Khadija

Title: Paranormalcy

Author: Kiersten White

Publisher: Harper Teen

Release Date: August 31, 2010

Genre: Young Adult Fiction

Rating: 5

Cover Rating: 4.5

Teaser: Evies always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, shes falling for a shape-shifter, and shes the only person who can see through paranormals glamours.

But Evies about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

My Review: Paranormalcy is a debut novel by Kiersten White that will be released August of this year. I got this book for review from a blog tour.

This was one of my four most anticipated releases this year, the other three being Nightshade by Andrea Cremer , The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff and The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels. So I was obviously very excited to read and review this book.

OK so let me just start by saying that in all the time Ive been waiting for my chance to read this book (and Ive been waiting a while now), I was not at all disappointed.

While reading this I finally felt like Id found an author who knew a bleep about fairies. All of the mythology and legend references were well bleepin awesome.

I think the greatest thing about this book, is everyone is so different. Sure people can act normal, think they are but are they really? There is something extraordinary in everyone you just have to scratch the surface and see past the glamours.

The characters where the kind you just about instantly fall in love with and then puzzle over, who are complex yet easy to relate to.

Evie was obsessively addicting. In fact I was able to see past her minor pink obsession. Im proud to say it didnt annoy me even a little, though it did make me laugh quite a bit.

And Im going to say this now, Lish is my favorite character, ya just gotta love a gal who can rock the scales =)

And although I am a big fan of the fang I really loved how Kiersten shows vampires as a bit overrated instead of over-glamorized.

This was a 9.5 on the 10 point scale of make me clap, grin, and go into a fit of giggly hysterics.

This goes out to all my fellow paranormal lovers when I say You really need to read this book!

The book was even more awesome then the dress =) no I will not elaborate youll just have to wait and see.

You can pre-order Paranormalcy on Amazon

And if you want to learn even more about Paranormalcy and the author check out Kierten Whites website
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account