Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
About PARANORMALCY: Evies always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, shes falling for a shape-shifter, and shes the only person who can see through paranormals glamours.

But Evies about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

I can't adequately express my love for this book. Kiersten White does SO MANY things well, from capturing the quintessential teen voice perfectly to executing humor with just the right pitch.

The worlds White creates are fully realized, as are her characters. But the best part for me was Evie's internal voice. The reader gets to know her quickly, sympathizes with her immediately, and feels compelled to jump in and cheer her on. What a ride!

There are also true to life romantic relationships. Evie (rightfully) has some regrets over a past boyfriend. When she meets a new boy, she's drawn to his true self in a very specific and special way - a lovely metaphor for what relationships can become.

The premise is fresh, the writing is tight, and the pace is fast. Make some time. You'll want to read this one straight through to the end, and you'll be chomping at the bit for the sequel.

Highest of High Recommendations
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account