Review Detail

4.5 22
Young Adult Fiction 559
Emotional! Pivotal! Heartbreaking! Love!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Lauren Oliver has switched things up for us in Pandemonium: every other chapter is written in the present (Now) or in the past (Then), both told from Lena's point-of-view. As soon as I saw this, I was very excited to start reading it. I love when books have multiple narrators, and this kind of felt that way. There was no confusion, you always knew which Lena was talking and what was going on. Doing this, I felt that the story flew without any hesitations - and there were so many emotions: very powerful moments and decisions. Oliver's words have a way of imprinting themselves on your heart... I felt Lena's struggles, not only within herself but with the elements around her too. I ached so much for Alex. I missed him more than I ever thought was possible. Such raw emotions and writing is a rare thing to find in a second book to a series.

Then: We see Lena as she was when she was found in the Wilds. How she survived and the things that she had to learn. This Lena is scared and questioning whether or not she made the right decisions. She's also heartbroken and so lost without Alex. But her thoughts of him are what keep her going, sane and hopeful. Being in the Wilds is scary and tough. Lucky for Lena, she 'found' a good homestead with caring and experienced people that took her in - Raven, Blue, Tack...

Now: We see Lena in the present, a year after she has entered the Wilds. There's a mission that has to be completed and her role is very important and pivotal to the story. This is where we also meet Julian. And there are many other discoveries to be made - there are other people and worlds hiding and living within the system.

At this point, this book, it is so crucial to know everything about Lena... it helps to prepare you for that unpredictable ending! Yes, it is a grand cliff-hanger! But one that I didn't mind at all and loved!

Now, onto Requiem!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account