Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is one of those books where, after you have turned the last page you either: 1. scream and cry because its over and the cliff hanger is so torturous 2. think (or yell, if you want) "oh. my. god. I need the next one!!!" or 3. punch a pillow (or a wall) because the cliff hanger made you want to punch something.

I did numbers two and three, except doing number three was pretty embarrassing because I was on a plane and I literally punched the seat in front of me and the guy sitting there wasn't very happy and my mum and dad were looking at me like "are you alright??!" ... :P

Even though I saw the end coming before I even opened the book... Well, if you've read the previous paragraph then you will know that that cliffhanger at the end still surprised me (can something surprise you if you saw it coming?) I guess it was more the circumstances that surprised me. Hmmm...

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ DELIRIUM, PLEASE STOP HERE. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ DELIRIUM YET, PLEASE START NOW.

Let me give you an insight on my thoughts before I read the book:

Thought number one: Alex better not be dead or "cured" because if he is I'll die.

Thought number two: Lena better not fall for another guy because if she does I'll shoot him and slap Lena (I won't kill her because that would make Alex sad)

Pandemonium is a much faster read than Delirium. Where Delirium was all about Lena slowly realising that love is not a bad thing, this is all about Lena on the run.

The love interest. There may be a few unintentional spoilers here, people. Brace yourselves people, because now Lauren introduces the all powerful, universally hated (I think) LOVE TRIANGLE!!!! Nononono. I HATE ****** (can't divulge any names here, people). How could Lena do that!!! Okay, fine I admit the guy whose name I won't mention is cute, and nice, and the chemistry between Lena and him is good, but still. Okay, maybe I get that since Alex is gone, Lena would want to move past that tragedy instead of brooding over it forever. But I can't believe she would do that. I HAAAATE LOVE TRIANGLES (in case you didn't get it).

It was great to explore more of Lena's world, because in Delirium all we really got to know was the city and Alex's house. We get to see the Wild, some other cities in the country, and meet new and interesting people. I do want to see what happened to Hana.

So in all, this was a really great read, with much more action and more of Lena's world introduced. If you liked Delirium, you'll love Pandemonium. :)
Good Points
- Faster than Pandemonium
- We get to see more of Lena's world
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account