Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Holy chocolate chip cookies. This book was hot and I could not put it down. Jennifer did not disappoint in this sequel to Obsidian. It is just as action packed loaded with humor, sarcasm, plot twists and our favorite book blogging heroine Katy.
It is pretty much leave me alone, I'm reading, or Oh is it seriously 3am? kinda book where the world seems to fall away and I get to experience what Katy is feeling and almost feel like I am a part of this world of smoking hot aliens, dept of defense peeps around every corner, and trying to figure out certain boys who shall not be named.
It is so hard to review this without talking about what happened, but let me try. There are so many conflicts going on, I just want for the characters I love to be happy, but I guess what kind of series would it be then? There is conflict with Dee, not only with Adam and what their relationship should be, but also between Dee and Katy. Katy makes some bad decisions, and I just want to smack some sense into her (and so does Daemon for that matter), but I totally understand her motivations behind each of those decisions. And that makes her still a strong and determined main character that I admire. But anyways, one of her bad decisions eats up pretty much all of her time, and leaves some feelings between her and Dee.
There is also the DOD peeps, and several other new characters that I had absolutely no idea what to think of. They can seem so harmless and good intentions one second, and then the next I am questioning them and wondering if I am paranoid.
The drama between Katy and Daemon is so thick you can cut it with a knife. And I love every second of it. Their bickering, his pen pokes, the sexy moments and the whispered endearments and declarations. I ate it up. It kept me turning the pages just looking for another scene between them, and then left at the very end yearning, wishing the next book was in my hands.
And mother of all cliffhangers, really? December can't come fast enough so I know what happens, if revenge is sought, and what exactly they meant about everything changing with mystery character rescued that shall not be named.
Jennifer is an amazing author, and I love this series, as well as the Covenant series, and just like I know I will probably love everything she writes.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account