Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
In a genre that has seen so many new additions lately, it's hard to set yourself apart from all the rest. I mean, really-- how many times can you read about a mermaid and be surprised? Well, in Of Triton, apparently every single time I turn a page!

It is no surprise that I love this series. I love just about everything about it. First off, the writing is great. The plot moves along smoothly without lagging. It is constant action that keeps you turning the page. Also, the characters have great voice. I read so many YA books that have teenage characters that sound like adults. Emma sounds like a teenage girl. She's snarky and humorous at the right times, but serious when she needs to be. How could you not laugh (or in my case, snort) when you read things like: "faint smell of microwave death" and "Sleeping Beast"? (Of course, Sleeping Beast was a perfect description for the super cranky character.) And don't even get me started on the chemistry between Emma and Galen. Hubba hubba.

As in Of Poseidon, the alternating points of view were executed perfectly. Each character told his/her part of the story without seeming repetitive. I really love that, and I have to commend the authors that can pull it off successfully.

There were also new characters added in Of Triton that really stood out (for me). I loved Antonis. He just reminded me of this quirky old man that everyone thinks is crazy, but really he just doesn't give a rat's patooty about what people think. He was frank and a bit rough around the edges. Loved. Him. I cannot wait to see what role he will play in Of Neptune.

My final thoughts as I ended Of Triton was, how on earth will this series continue in Of Neptune? My heart absolutely broke and I felt the loss deeply. Read on, and you'll see what I mean. It was monumental!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account