N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:
I've heard nothing but good things about Not A Drop To Drink and the reviews were right: this is a story you don't want to miss.

What sets this novel apart from other dystopian/apocalyptic novels is its tone. Often these kinds of stories are fighting stories, whether its against the evil government or some rebel leader who goes too far. Not A Drop To Drink is a quieter story about survival at its barest: protecting your only source of water, finding food to last through the winter, getting enough wood to stay warm. These are the thoughts that are constantly running through Lynn and her mother's minds.

Lynn is a fascinating character with a compelling character arc. At the beginning of the novel, she's just like her mother, her only concern survival and with an us versus them mentality. Her mother is the only person who matters in her life. When she's confronted with other people, she finds herself unexpectedly making a different choice than her mother: she lets them in, and it changes everything about her life.

What Left Me Wanting More:
While the fact that this is a close story focused narrowly on Lynn's journey is my favorite part of the novel, I still found myself curious about the world at large. I wanted to know more about the water shortage and how society devolved.

The Final Verdict:
Brutal, honest, and compelling, Not A Drop To Drink is a story that will keep you riveted from the first page.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account