Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love Michaela MacColl's books - they are refreshing, well written, and always an intriguing look at history. Additionally, Michaela MacColl picks people in history who aren't commonly featuring in historical fiction, which is always absolutely delightful to read about. And Nobody's Secret is her best yet - a historical murder mystery? How much cooler can you get?

I loved Michaela MacColl's portayal of Emily Dickinson. She is almost a Nancy Drew-type figure and is just way too cool. She writes her clues out in verse, which was too fun. It was a fun way to envision Emily Dickinson!

Parts of the mystery weren't as developed as I would have liked, but overall, I thought it was really well done. I really had no idea who was going to be behind it and many of the pieces I only found out about as Emily did. There was no predictability to it. The suspense just builds as the story progresses.

This is a must read for those who love either historical fiction or a good mystery. The characters are all well developed and Michaela MacColl's prose is just gorgeous. This was my favorite of her books thus far, and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account