cute picture book about Christmas
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

NO PEEKING AT PRESENTS is a cute holiday picture book about patience and family. It's Christmas Eve and 3 siblings are settling down to sleep. The oldest one reminds the two younger siblings that there is no peeking at presents before their parents wake up. However, at 3 am, they awake to hear a squeaking sound and head downstairs to investigate - only for the older sibling to remind them not to peek and bring them back to bed. As the night continues, they are repeatedly awoken by the squeaking sound and headed off - until the older sibling hears it and goes to investigate. They remind him of the no peeking rule, but it turns out that the present was peeking at them first - a puppy!

What I loved: This is a cute story that captures the fun of siblinghood and the excitement of Christmas morning. The book is told through the dialogue of the siblings, which adds to the fun of their confusion and persistence. Each page features plenty of details and color, and it really brings the sound of the squeaking alive through the use of word art. The final resolution is endearing and plenty of fun with the unexpected gift they all find.

The font is large, clear, and easy to read. It works best if caregivers use voices to distinguish the siblings when reading, as there are no additional context words included. The brightly colored images and Christmas themes are present throughout, really capturing all the excitement of the holiday on each page.

Final verdict: NO PEEKING AT PRESENTS is a sweet picture book about Christmas, excitement, and siblinghood that ends up being a silly and charming read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
October 18, 2022
I am Jacob O'Sullivan a Senior staff in the accounts management section with one of the prime banks in France Republic. A dormant account has been discovered with huge funds of (US$10.5 Million) belonging to a late Mulyadi Tamsir from Indonesian, on 9 January 2021, the Boeing 737-500 experienced (Sriwijaya Air Flight 182) an upset and crashed into the Java Sea off the Thousand Islands, killing all 62 people onboard. A search of the area recovered wreckage, human remains, and items of clothing. Why I contacted you is that I want to present you to my bank as the beneficiary of the deceased account as the next of kin replied at ([email protected]) for more details if you are interested to work with me...

Regards,
Jacob O'Sullivan
1 results - showing 1 - 1