Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh, Laini Taylor! I love her writing and if I thought I couldn’t love it more, Night of Cake & Puppets just did. It had the most magical first date in the history of writing, ever! I declare Mik X Zuzana to be my new favorite OTP from the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series – which means, Karou and Akiva can just move over. The night was just hinted at in the main novels, and while I really get why it had to be it’s own novella. The whole atmosphere of the story is different – where Karou and Akiva have this forbidden love, full of baggage, Mik and Zuzana have something so tender and cute, fresh and magical. Not that one is epic and one is not – it just is that I like Zuzana more! She is this ‘rabid fairy’ who looks like a doll and has the temperament of a fae. As the story was a dual POV, we for the first time get to see more of Mik too, who barely made an appearance in Days of Blood & Starlight.

So, the story described the magical first date Mik and Zuzana went on, made magical by little wishes, and music and Prague. If I could be in the story, I totally would have been one of the people on the bridge, swooning at this cuteness. I swear, YA novels are just setting a high bar of expectations in real life. After reading it (at bedtime), I got a book hangover. In under an hour, I was glowing with glee and grinning with OTP-induced happiness. *Sigh*
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account