N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Courtney

I would give it more like 3 1/2 but I'm going with 4! 

Fairies are not like Tinkerbell!! I enjoyed this story about fairies! I haven't read a book that is about fairies before besides them being mentioned in the background of other books.  The fairy king in this book is evil. He has a "need" and until he can find a Fairy Queen he goes around kidnapping young guys to drink their blood. The main girl Zara is being followed by this Fairy Queen and often considers giving herself over to him to be his queen so he'll leave her and her friends alone. 

I thought the idea behind this book was pretty original. What I enjoyed most about this book was Zara, she is sad teenager who lost her dad and is struggling with depression but she is okay with herself. She is confident in who she is and she cares about other people a lot.  I didn't really like how it was written though.  The jokes are bad, and it's a bit predictable.  What was up with the grandma? I never heard of a grandma acting that easy going before about dating, that was weird to me, and not very believable.  I thought it was kind of weird to have pixies and weres, without all the other supernaturals. I thought the romance aspect was pretty good though.  This was kind of a fun guilty pleasure read and I did enjoy it.  I'd probably give it a PG-13 rating as far as cleanness goes. There wasn't a lot of sex talk in it, thank you, there were just a few kissing scenes and they were done fairly good.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account