N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jessica

Zara isnt a girl that wants you to feel sorry for her, she isnt moping around about how hard her life is. She is a completely different person from Bella of Twilight who whines a whole lot. Zara meets her match in Nick, who is just as strong and heroic as she is and he is now one of my favorite paranormal characters from books.

I thought I knew where the book was going, that I figured out the ending a few chapters in, but I was wrong. I was so happy that it wasnt that easy to figure out. Jones was able to keep me guessing, and in young adult fiction that can be hard to do at times. Yes, what I figured out did come to pass, but the rest of the story was more of a surprise.

The author also turned me off of moving to a colder climate (this is kudos to her for making me feel all the terrors the cold has to offer). All the talk of how brutal the snow storms were and driving on icy roads made me thankful for sunny Florida. I can only imagine being snowed in, unable to escape from home, Id be a whiny brat, but Zara just heads out to take care of things without much thought to her safety. Zara is a bit reckless at times, but its better than sitting around waiting to be rescued. Shes a strong, smart character, much more worthy of looking up to than some of the other girls paranormal books.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account