N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Crimin

Need had always caught my attention at the local bookstore, with its lovely cover and its interesting summary, but it took me nearly a month to succumb to its charms and buy it.

Simply, this book is about a girl named Zara, who likes to collect phobias and to list them in her mind during troubling times.  Her father has just died, sending her into a deep, gray depression.  Trying to her happy again, her mother sends her away to her grandmothers, far up in the snow state of Maine.

Its there that Zara finds out about mythical beings, like pixies and werewolves, and how they are very dangerous. . .and very real.  

It took about three days to read, which is normal for me, but I wasnt pleased with this book.  The characters seemed childish and, I beg pardon, dumb at times even when the answer to something was clearly obvious.  

I wouldnt recommend this book to much of anyone, even though the plot was intriguing and the Nancy Drew clues hidden in the folds of Stephen King novels made me smile.  Unless youre looking for a boring read (as nothing really magical happens until late in the book), then I suggest you pick this up to kill a few days worth of time.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account