Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Something is wrong with Kaylee Cavanaugh.

She doesn't see dead people, but&

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next&

In My Soul to Take, Rachel Vincent has presented us with a fresh take on the YA paranormal. Kaylee is a banshee, or a bean sidhe. The story is rooted in Irish mythology, and Vincent has clearly done her research.

The plot is twisty and different enough to make it stand out from the rest of the YA paranormal pack, but my favorite element is definitely Kaylees voice. Its both strong and vulnerable. Dialogue rings true from characters of all ages, and theres a certain element of humor that adds to the story development. The cast of characters that surround Kaylee are equally as interesting and clearly drawn as she is, from her best friend Emma to her love interest, Nash.

Nash. We likes him. Cant go wrong with a hot boy whos focused on our heroine. And then theres his brother &

If you're looking for a fun read and a different take, I recommend My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent.

Four out of Five Stars.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account