N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by danielle

I loved My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent. I got it because, I read the back cover, and practicaly yelped in excitment that someone had finally written a book about banshees. The premise is very different, about a girl who is overcome with a horrible sense of melancholy whenever she sees someone who's about to die, and she has to scream. Not a yelp or a shout, but a horrible, glass-shattering scream that carries for miles and miles. Her friends and family think they're panic attacks, but Kaylee knows better; she knows when someone's about to die, and there's nothing she can do to stop it.

I loved the fact that there weren't any laid out rules for Kaylee when she discovers what she is. There's no elderly grandmother or wise uncle who knows all there to guide her. There is just her and her friends, guessing and praying they're not right.

Kaylee is such a realistic character; I think a lot of people can relate to her. She is the best friend of one of the most popular girls in school, gladly hiding in the shadows of her friend and avoiding the public eye like the plague.

The writing style is beautiful, and it flows very nicely with the stories. It's pretty funny at times, mostly when Kaylee and her love interest, Nash, first meet and he's trying to win her trust. Ms. Vincent is amazing at creating likable, realistic characters that anyone can relate to.

Overall, My Soul to Take was a great book, which I reccomend to anyone--provided that they're older then fourteen, due to some sexuality and cursing.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account