Review Detail

More than just the ABCs
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST ABCS educates children on the letters of the alphabet while engaging them with different questions. Not only does the author incorporate each letter, but they also teach different colors and counting up to five through questions. For example, "what color is the balloon" and can you count the acrobats" are some questions in the beginning. Each section has three questions and the third is always what else starts with this letter. My daughter immediately wanted to read this book again and I was more than happy to do it but challenged her to answer differently. The illustrations are adorable and bright and correlate with each letter. This question and answer format promotes the retention of each letter and color because it stimulates a child's mind. It also promotes early critical thinking skills.

Final Verdict: Overall, I love this format because of how much my daughter enjoyed it. Everything ties together to promote counting, learning the letters, and learning different colors which makes this so much more than your typical "ABC" book. I would recommend it to young learners and it would make a great addition to pre-k and kindergarten classrooms.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account