Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The new graphic novel series, My Boyfriend Is A Monster, explores teen relationships under the most trying circumstances: zombie invasions and monster attacks.

I LOVE HIM TO PIECES pairs up athletic Dicey Bell and budding scientist Jack Chen to co-parent an egg for health class. Their paths would not have normally crossed, but they find that they really enjoy each other. Jack's scientist parents are often travelling, and Dicey's exuberance fills the void in his life. Unfortunately, there is a zombie outbreak on their first date and Jack is bitten, causing them to spend the rest of the book trying to survive while searching for a cure.

I LOVE HIM TO PIECES is pure fun. Without feeling didactic, author Evonne Tsang presents the reader with protagonists who are fully realized and contrary to stereotypes. I always enjoy a story with an Asian male love interest, and the scene when Dicey ogles Jack mowing the lawn shirtless is particularly endearing.

With engrossing illustrations (Dicey's expressions are really sweet) and a plotline that ties up neatly, I recommend adding this quick read to your library.
Good Points
Fun and detailed illustrations
Dicey and Jack's relationship is cute.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account