Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Dylan doesn't go to the best school, but he is still surprised and dismayed to find the body of a school mate, Hector Maldonado, in a dumpster where he is hiding from bullies. When a local girl from a swankier school, Ashton Browning, goes missing, Dylan thinks the two events might be connected, and decides to investigate. The promise of a cash reward that he needs in order to buy a car doesn't hurt. Dylan and his friend Audrey get drawn into the world of the swanky school, especially the activity at a club called "Gangland" that some of the other students are running. A life of ease and privilege can quickly go wrong, and Dylan puts himself and his friend in danger when the investigation takes an unusual turn.
Good Points
This kept me on the edge of my seat... not just the mystery, but I kept waiting for something inappropriate to be said, but nothing ever came up. This will absolutely delight middle grade readers. The main character, Dylan is a good kid, the murder was not gruesome, but my students DO want murder mysteries, and this one walked the line between what kids want and what I think is appropriate beautifully. The cover is great, too. Excited about this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 03, 2013
I would definitely say that this was a good middle grade mystery
1 results - showing 1 - 1