Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I really liked the premise of this book. It started off great and then things just got too confusing and messy for me because of the main character's amnesia.

Mistwood tells the story of the Shifter, a magical creature that was created (probably?) to protect and serve the King. However, when the previous King was assassinated, the Shifter turned her back on everything she knew and returned to her righful place in Mistwood.

Now, Prince Rokan is about to be crowned and he wants the Shifter by his side. When the Shifter is brought back to the castle, she is known as Isabel and many are aware of who she really is and doubt her ability or her desire to protect the Prince.

Like I said, things get messy especially when someone who claims he's the rightful Prince makes an appearance. Of course, little by little, Isabel is able to dig deep into her mind and remember what she made herself forget.

I think, overall, the story was okay. The setting was wonderful and interesting but the author lost me with the Shifter's amnesia and with what brought it on. Am I going to read the next book? Probably, because I'm intrigued by the story. Now that her memory is back, hopefully the sequel won't be as confusing.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account