N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Tasha

If only Naomi hadnt picked heads. Her life would have been so different. She wouldnt have fallen down the steps and woken up with amnesia, she wouldnt have met James, and most importantly she wouldnt be questioning herself. When Naomi wakes up from her fall she finds herself in a hospital bed not remembering anything past 12 years old. This means she doesnt remember her parents divorce, her tennis star boyfriend, and why her best friend Will calls her Chief. With the help of her dad and Will Naomi slowly starts to piece her life back together. The only thing is shes still not sure who she used to be and really isnt sure if she still wants to be that person. Naomi even begins to question what she ever saw in Ace and wonders why she cant get James out of her mind. As the weeks go by Naomi finds it difficult at times, especially dealing with rude kids in school, but over time she starts to build her life back up, even if its not the same as it used to be. But she always wonders if she will ever remember again.

This was a breathtaking and emotional book. It was stupendous to say the least. I loved the story line and thought it was completely original. I loved how Naomi got to reinvent herself. I mean who wouldnt want to make themselves the real person that they were meant to be? Not only was the story good, but Gabrielle Zevins writing style was phenomenal. She created three dimensional characters who you wished were your best friends. They dealt with real issues and felt real love. Also there was a deep level of emotion written into the pages. The last chapter of the book made me so sad, but not sad sad, almost like a happy sad. This was the first time a book had made me feel this way and I really liked how the author was able to provoke feeling with just her words. This was an all around great book that I think is a must read for any teenager. It provides realism with a bit of humor and just really couldnt get much better!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account