Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Why I Loved It: I love London. And books set in London. Ooo and love in London. All of the above are found in the book called Meant to Be.. see above * ;) *

Scarily, Julia reminded me of myself. Her nickname was Book Licker. I never had anything that bad for a nickname, but I had my share in school. Julia also has some ideas of love, normally found in books. It happens I suppose. I had the same problem. The fact that we are so similar is probably why she drove me nuts. Its one of those books where the reader knows a lot more about what's going than Julia does. It drives you nuts, but it makes the end much sweeter. And there was one particular twist near the end that I was not expecting at all.

I loved the Beatles influence in the book and put up with the Shakespeare * I am not a big fan of ol' Bill*. The cover is beautiful... BEAUTIFUL. I didn't want to change what I was reading because just the cover made my blog look better. I want a blown up poster size for my room.

All in all, I devoured the book in about a day. Any cliche was forgotten in the midst of the sweet and at times sour story filled with laughs and grunts of frustration with plenty of splashes of "awww" moments. The book leaves you feeling happy and wanting desperately to go to London * so beware of that. *

Who Should Read It: It's a great contemporary read. The main character is a bit judgmental at times, so if that has a tendency to drive you crazy you might want to stay away. I think people who love the idea of a contemporary set in London should pick it up.
Good Points
LONDON!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account