N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Elljay

I have to be critical. I did really enjoy it, and I thought the idea and the plot-line were refreshingly original, but then again I haven't read When the Wind Blows.

The book: it's about six kids who escaped from a secret lab called "the School". They are 2% bird and 98% human, therefore they have wings, the ability to fly, and several other talents, one of which is telepathy. They are on the run from "Erasers" (mutants who are part wolf part human) who capture the youngest member of the group (Angel) and take her back to the dreaded School. The book is basically about how Max and her friends determine to find her, and so on and so forth.

The characters: Max, the main character who is caring, strong, brave and whatnot; Fang (my favourite) who is described as the "strong and silent type"; Iggy, who became blind when the scientists at the School attempted to improve his night-vision; Nudge, an eleven year old who never shuts up; the Gasman, an eight year old with, er, a problem concerning his digestive system; and Angel, the classic sweet little blonde cherub whom everyone seems to adore, especially Max.

What I think: well, I really liked it. It was action-packed and thrilling, and a real page-turner. I didn't tire of it. The problem is the ending, or lack, thereof. I was quite disappointed by that. It just doesn't finish. It's more like the end of a chapter than of a book, and I was left expecting more. Yes, it's the first in a series, but still...

My advice: buy it, buy it, buy it, and if you don't buy it, READ IT. You won't regret it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account