Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I did not expect to like this book as much as I did. Usually I don't really go for the lovey-dovey centered stories, but this book made me realize that I do appreciate a well-written romance, which is what this book incorporated really well.

Like I said, this book very well-written. I loved how the author revealed this utopian Society to us. It was really interesting to read how his world works and all the conspiracies that were actually going on beneath the surface. Plus, this book brought up some moral issues like free will vs. the good of people that got me thinking. I mean, who doesn't like some philosophy with their YA book of their choice? As far as world-building goes, Ally Condie did an excellent job.

Onto the romance. I liked how the author worked the romance into the story; it was kind of like a tool used to help Cassia discover what was wrong in the Society, which I guess it was. Love triangles are so overdone in the YA genre, but I didn't mind this one. Cassia was a good, strong main character; I really liked Xander, even though it was clear he would get the short end of the deal; I just wished we got to see Ky and Cassia's relationship develop more: it seemed rushed at some times throughout the book. Still, a very clever romance aspect.

Overall An awesome new world that I can't wait to get back to. So what if romance plays a big part? Read it!
Good Points
The utopian world
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account