Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin is a little hard to put into words. It's a dark and intense book with contagions and Victorian times and slightly steampunkish and gothic themes. Basically - Masque of the Red Death isn't a book that's usually something I'm into. So if you're kind of like me and not really into that stuff - you should read Masque of the Red Death anyway.

I'm sure you just did a double-take. I KNOW. I did too. Because guys, Masque of the Red Death was so captivating and almost impossible to put down. I mean, it took me like 50 pages or so to really get into it, but once I was there, I was all there.

Because there are SO MANY SECRETS and twists that are just dropped left and right in Masque of the Red Death, and I didn't in a million years expect them. All those new twists that kept getting dropped made me go WHAT and sucked me further into the story.

I loved the character in Masque of the Red Death, too. I loved Araby and I freaking loved Will (no matter what anyone says), and even April. My thoughts are mixed on Elliot, but we'll see in the next book. Which needs to get in my hands, ASAP, by the way. I'm very curious to see where everyone's allegiances lie in regards to the love triangle. Let me know!

And the writing was STUNNING. Bethany Griffin put together these simple sentences but managed to make them very descriptive and telling, and I just loved it.

Even if the dark, Gothicy, steampunkish, plaguey, rebellion thing doesn't really do it for you, definitely give Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin a shot. You'll throw your usual books out the window for this one, I promise.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account