Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Araby Worth spends her life trying to forget the loss of her twin brother, the preoccupation of her parents, and most of all, trying to forget herself. Together with her friend April, she dresses up, avoids the plague-ridden areas of the crumbling city as much as possible, and does whatever it takes to find oblivion. She doesn't think she deserves happiness. She barely believes she deserves to live, until she gets close to Will, the proprietor of the club she visits. And until she is thrust into the middle of intrigue, deception, and a plot against the leader who long ago condemned most of his people to a horrific death.

Now, Araby must choose sides in a landscape of shifting alliances, uncover secrets that change everything, and keep those she loves alive while death is merely a breath away.

MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH is a haunting, atomspheric story full of despair, flashes of hope, and proof that the human spirit is resilient, even when all seems lost. The world of the story, with its crumbling city, masks, class divisions, and cruel leader will stay with readers long after they close the book. The characters are flawed and complicated, and their moments of hope are hard won. I enjoyed the romance, and I loved seeing Araby learn how to live instead of merely survive. This is a lovely debut from Ms. Griffin, and I look forward to reading more from her.
Good Points
*World building
*Layered plot
*Complicated characters
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account