Must Read!
Overall rating

Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Learning Value

N/A
After reading Macbeth by William Shakespeare, I was certainly satisfied and dissatisfied with the ending. I'm not a big fan of William Shakespeare's books, but Macbeth seemed interesting from the moment I saw the cover. The whole story surrounding Macbeth was unpredictable, yet at the same time, you kind of knew where this was heading. The main themes that were recurring were ambition and guilt and to what degrees to which they can extend to. If I were to be honest, I'd recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of drama and Shakespeare, but I would not recommend this book to a person who gets easily frustrated by Shakespeare's language. It just wouldn't make sense for a person who doesn't like Shakespeare's work.

Macbeth is about a loyal soldier named Macbeth. The book takes place in Scotland where Macbeth is currently the Thane of Glamis, which just means someone similar to a lord. He encounters three witches that have some insight to his future and tells him some lingering clues. When one of those things comes true, he has bigger and bigger ambitions by the minute. He makes a rash decision leading him to be omnipotent in Scotland. However, the theme of guilt plays a big part throughout the play and not only will guilt haunt Macbeth, but his partner in crime, Lady Macbeth. As the guilt gets to Macbeth, there is a change in state of mind and being and it presents himself to be in an unhealthy state, but when the witches come back with more predictions, it leaves Macbeth to make a decision.

The book was overall filled with a lot of drama, but what Shakespeare play isn't. I came more and more interested with every scene and act. However, it was pretty hard because of the different language Shakespeare used and it can be really confusing and frustrating. The best way to deeply understand the text is to analyze each line because even though it may not seem like Shakespeare packed a lot in one line, he did. I'd recommend this book to a person who likes Shakespeare's work because it truly is one great piece of work. I think any one over 12 or 13 can read the book because it really is difficult and complex for a young person to understand.

Would you be able to make a decision like Macbeth, or would you go the other way? Would you let ambition get to your head?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions