Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I found Love Story to be a very refreshing change of pace. Erin and Hunter had such an interesting dynamic. Just when I thought they were nice and friendly, they were hating each other full force again. I actually got a bit dizzy from all the back and forth, but it really did add a little something to the relationship that made it more delicious. Normally the jerky tendencies would have put me off of Erin, but with Hunter's attitude and everything that was happening in her life, it was completely understandable.

And oh my gosh, the stories! My only complaint is that I wish there were more. I loved that the writing of the stories was totally different than the actual book and unique to each Hunter and Erin. Though the steamy stories were something I haven't really experienced in YA so far and it was nice to get another angle and perspective on the teenage life. And, yeah, I enjoyed them simply because :P

I found that it took me a bit to get used to Echols's writing style, but it certainly wasn't bad. There's something to say for lyrical writing, but there's also something to say about stark reality. That's not to say it's an ugly sort of starkness, but rather one that puts the reader more into the story.

Final Thoughts: If you're in for a good contemporary with a nice dose of steamy romance, you have to pick this up. It's such a fantastic change of pace from all the insta-love, love triangles, and paranormal romances out there (not that I hate all of those, it's just a nice change.) It's also a nice, quick read. You won't regret this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account